If you are looking for a fun movie with some depth, Kubo, surprisingly may be one of your better bets out there. It’s creative and adventurous, comical, gritty and touching and it has great parallels to the Christian life.
- When you speak to others, speak life and speak to the future – it’s magically transformative when you do.
- Prayer can feel frustrating, but it doesn’t mean God’s not still working on our behalf.
- Sometimes God surprises us by showing up differently than we expect.
- To survive our enemy, we need the right armor.
- Memories are powerful and we need to create ways to keep them.
- The enemy lies to us, but he laces it with truth.
- Sometimes it’s best to fight like a child, with whimsy, imagination and faith.
- Sometimes life is really hard, but when we serve each other in love, we will be blessed.
This is just a top-line. Read more in the Kubo movie discussion here in which each of these concepts are unpacked and explained.